Category Archives: Recipes
As a college student, I’ve learned to appreciate bargain meals that are easy to make. My friend, Sarah Blankenship, made this dish for me once, and I wanted to try making it myself since it’s a simple, but tasty dish. I made some modifications to the recipe she gave me. I thought I’d share my modified recipe here, along with the price of the ingredients.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Total cost: $2.34
1 cup pasta: $0.20
1/2 cup condensed cream of mushroom/chicken: $0.34
1/2 cup milk: $0.16
1 can tuna: $0.78
1/2 can corn: $0.34
1/2 tablespoon flour: $0.01
Dash of cayenne pepper: $0.02
Shredded mozzarella cheese topping: $0.50
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil pasta in a medium sauce pan.
3. While pasta is boiling, combine the condensed cream of soup, milk, tuna, and corn in a casserole dish.
4. Add flour to the mixture to thicken it.
5. Add boiled pasta into the dish.
6. Add dash of cayenne pepper into the dish. This is optional. I added more just because I like spicier food.
7. Mix everything together.
8. Top casserole dish with shredded mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake casserole dish in the oven for 35 minutes.
And… you’re done! Easy, right? There’s plenty of meat and veggies, and some carbs. Although the servings is listed as two, it depends on your meal portions. I tend to eat smaller portions, and this dish is pretty filling. For me, one such casserole can last 3-4 meals.
If you decide to make this dish, let me know how it went! 🙂